Saturday, 21 May 2011 0 comments By: Hurley Allotments

General Update 21 May 2011

Mains Water

Severn Trent Water have now inspected and passed the water pipe within the allotment site itself, hence the inspection holes have now been filled in.

We have moved to stage 2 and installed one standpipe to their specification and await another inspection this week. If the standpipe is satisfactory Severn Trent will authorise the installation of the mains supply and we will install the remaining standpipes. They have indicated a short waiting list for installation and will give us priority.


Planning Permission

The planning application for individual sheds on each plot is progressing.

Local residents have received letters and have until June 1st to register any concerns. The Planning department have also visited the site to make their own assessment. They have until July 6th to make a decision but have indicated that if no major issues are raised and decision can be expected sooner.

Tyres

The Council have removed the tyres free of charge. The site must now be kept tyre free.
Tuesday, 10 May 2011 0 comments By: Hurley Allotments

Keeping The Site Tidy

On Sunday 8th May a working party made up of committee members and plot holders took steps to tidy the top corner of the site and at the same time make a start on the planned wildlife and flower area. Everyone got stuck in some of us even got watered!

Working parties will take place throughout the year and we'll always welcome an extra pair of hands from any plot holders able to help.

For updates on what's going on don't forget to check the website and notice board regularly.

Planting a tree
Preparing the ground
Working party
Sunday, 8 May 2011 0 comments By: Hurley Allotments

Information meeting 7th May 2011

Thank you to those who were able to attend the information meeting held in the village hall on Saturday. For those who were unable to attend please see the below summary.

Water – We are currently in discussions with Seven Trent to move this on more quickly and will keep you up to date on progress.

Sheds – Planning permission has been submitted and we will confirm when this process is complete. We intend to compile a list of suppliers who are happy to give group discount on sheds, this will be confirmed at a later date.

Funds – Jobs to do with remaining funds include, fencing off of car park, hedging and start of bond. Approx £1,500.00 remaining.

Speed - Requested caution when driving on the site – keep speed down.

Weekend working parties – We will call on members from time to time for help , for instance planting of hedging October/November time. Notices will be placed on notice board. Please note we are planting several trees in the top left of the site on Sunday 8th at 5pm.

Additional membership cards – Please inform Sue Rodger if you require an additional membership card for your plot.

Sweatshirts/T-shirts/Mugs – details of available merchandise will go up on notice board shortly, the association has confirmed that they will pay for initial set up of embroidered artwork.

Member requests

Pull up area on plots – Members have requested that they can have a small area on their plots to use for unhooking trailers. The committee has no issue if you wish to do this. However please do not use your plot as a car park. We will however look at each individuals request if there is a real need to do this.

Children’s play – A member has requested that a non permanent swing and slide be brought on site. The committee has rejected this request but state that there is no issue with smaller toys being brought on site as long as they are taken away at the end of the day. We do not encourage footballs on site however, as you will agree no one wants their prize cabbages damaged or plots being run over to retrieve stray footballs.

Discussion topics

Rubbish disposal – An open discussion took place with attendees and it was agreed that no fires should take place at this time. It was agreed that the association will supply heavy duty bags for those who have remaining weeds to dispose of and do not have any other means for disposal. There will be a minimal cost to this to cover petrol and bags. Please see David Wellard (Plot 14). We are also looking to NWBC for assistance and will keep you posted.

Please also keep checking the notice board for regular updates.
Happy growing, Your Chairman Catherine (Plot 7)